Do you see yourself as spiritual but not religious? Drop in to HUB 169 Tuesdays from 2-3 pm to talk about what is on your minds with other students and Denise.
Do you have questions about gender? Sexual identity? Safe sex? Drop in to the Landing Monday – Thursday from 12-4 pm. You can also drop in on Discord The Landing for conversation with and about being a sexual minority.
Denise is available in The Landing Wednesdays from 2-3 pm. Drop by and meet LGBTQ2SPIA + students in a safe space.
There are weekly and occasional group activities students can participate in that Faith Lift sponsors and supports. Weekly events currently include Weavings: Body Mind and Spirit for LGBTQ+ People and allies. Other occasional events include:
- InterFaith conversations
- Games nights
- Pet therapy
- Walking a labyrinth
- Service activities
At Faith Lift we encourage students to participate in other events and groups provided by other chaplains, including PUB theology, weekly worship and Centering Prayer. See the Chaplain’s calendar for details.
We work with people to create sacred services to honour life events, weddings, memorial services and vigils. Faith Lift also participates in the Inter Faith Chaplains’ Association Annual Event. These include The Festival of Lessons and Carols with the University Mixed Chorus, the Annual Alumni Memorial Service, Pancake Breakfast on Shrove Tuesday and Interfaith Dialogues.
Weavings: Body, Mind and Spirit is a group that weaves together sexuality, spirituality and the LGBTQ+ experience. LGBTQ+ allies are also welcome.
Weavings meets up on Discord every second Wednesday. Join the discord here.
- November 24
- December 8
- January 5, 19
- February 2, 16
- March 2, 16, 30
Our intention is to provide a safe and brave space to explore ways of nurturing our own path of spirituality from a queer affirming perspective.
We seek to do this by:
- Having facilitators come in from different communities.
- Building trusting relationships among ourselves.
- Providing a community that embraces and honors the intersections between LGBTQ+ communities and spirituality.
- We understand that sexuality and spirituality are intimately linked but not the same.
- Nourishing our spirits through our lived experience as LGBTQ+ people we will:
- Make the links between our attitudes and beliefs about sexuality and spirituality.
- Do different spiritual practises together.